Sales Engineer - European market (but not limited to this region)
Location: Mainland Europe / Netherlands / Hoensbroek Office
ORBCOMM is focused on building a team of dedicated technical specialists to help with our growth in the European market. As a result, we are looking for a Sales Engineer, reporting to the General Manager, OEM Solutions, to join the European division of our global sales team.
In this exciting role, the successful incumbent will provide technical support to our partners in Europe.
You will work in coordination with our Sales and Technical Teams to help the growth of our sales and to support existing customers.
This opportunity is ideally suited for a candidate with a technical development background that is seeking a challenging and integral customer-facing role in the global remote monitoring market.
THE SALES ENGINEER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Work with the European sales team and our regional channel partners and customers to support the core use of our products and services, to provide training and coaching, and to provide best-practices consulting.
- Support of existing OEM customers with regard to user questions and as a coordinating authority for technical issues.
- Work with the customers on the understanding of specific requirements.
- Develop custom applications and/or configurations that run on our terminals.
- Work with our Product Management group to provide insight and feedback based on market needs.
- Provide technical requirements and assistance to our Engineering group developing products.
- Understanding of the ORBCOMM organizational structure supporting this role, and coordinating resources to perform duties.
- Work with our support department to help address customer technical issues and implement fixes as quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly as possible.
- Develop a strong relationship with our partners’ engineering teams to influence decisions and to provide information to our Sales Team.
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ strategic partnerships, growth opportunities, custom solutions, and more to ensure the continuous growth of the use of our products and services by our partners.
- Coordination with the European sales team of customer activities based on the strategies and priorities defined by the team.
- Active support of OEM customers during sales-related tests (Trials), through system briefings online and / or on-site to the respective customer.
- Instruction and training in the course of on-boarding new OEM customers.
- Build and cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners.
- Other tasks that fit in the pursuit of the business development for ORBCOMM, at the discretion of the manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in telecommunications, technology or information industries.
- Minimum college undergraduate degree required.
- Familiarity with Electronic Control Unit (ECU) operation and diagnostics on heavy equipment including agricultural, off-highway, and construction machinery.
- Technical experience with Controller Area Networking (CAN bus) and SAE J1939.
- Experience in an application engineering/technical support role in either a pre or post-sales support capacity is preferred.
- Previous programming experience (preferably embedded). Lua programming experience is desirable.
Preference will be given to candidates with at least some experience in the following:
- Satellite communications
- Tracking applications
- Remote monitoring applications technology
- Applications in the telecommunication area
- Business vision, with an emphasis on a strong technical background.Excellent customer service focus, combined with strong drive, technical skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Owing to the international nature of the company’s business, the ability to work flexible irregular working hours and some travel is required, up to 30% of the time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Additional language skills are a plus.
- A combination of strong creative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and an aptitude for working with the customers on the definition of solutions.
- Outstanding attention to details with a focus on quality.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently to prioritize your own work load and agenda.
- Flexible attitude, capable to work under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a challenging full-time position in a diverse international organization with a pleasant and informal working atmosphere. We provide you the opportunity to grow with the company and directly contribute to the global expansion of our business.
The employment package of primary and secondary benefits is in line with the current market.
Our benefits include a good pension plan, collective healthcare insurance, gym membership reimbursement and good training & education possibilities.
If you can see yourself working in our team and adding value to our products, please send your resume, and motivation letter to Roossien.firstname.lastname@example.org.
ORBCOMM Inc. is a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. ORBCOMM’s unique combination of global satellite, cellular and dual-mode network connectivity, hardware, web reporting applications and software is the IoT industry’s most complete service offering. Our solutions are designed to remotely track, monitor, and control fixed and mobile assets in core vertical markets including transportation & distribution, heavy equipment, industrial fixed assets, oil & gas, maritime, mining and government.
With nearly 20 years of innovation and expertise in IoT/M2M, ORBCOMM has more than 1.72 million subscribers with a diverse customer base including premier OEMs such as Caterpillar Inc., Doosan Infracore America, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., John Deere, Komatsu Ltd., and Volvo Construction Equipment, as well as end-to-end solutions customers such as C&S Wholesale, Canadian National Railways, CR England, Hub Group, KLLM Transport Services, Marten Transport, Swift Transportation, Target, Tropicana, Tyson Foods, Walmart and Werner Enterprises. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. ORBCOMM is committed to employment equity as we support a diverse workforce. Your privacy is important to us when applying to positions at ORBCOMM. We will take the steps necessary to ensure your candidacy is kept confidential.