Join Our Team
Contract Manufacturing Manager
We’re searching for a Contract Manufacturing Manager located in Indonesia.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Managing the Contract Manufacturing (CM) relationship and expectations to ensure on time delivery, product quality and competitive costs are all maintained related to ongoing delivery of products and services.
- Ensuring that performance on key metrics meets or exceeds requirements, inclusive of on time delivery, quality performance, costs and Excess/Obsolete recovery.
- Collaborating with the Orbcomm Team you must ensure that all information, tools, fixtures and tests are in place to enable the CM to manufacture to the required specifications.
- Manage coordination of activities between the CM and Orbcomm personnel to ensure all delays are avoided.
- Managing supply/demand plans to ensure all deliverables are coordinated to support on time delivery against Orbcomm commitments.
- Provide status reports to Orbcomm management team as required.
- Ensure program execution against contractual requirements.
- Monitoring programs from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections.
- Recommending and driving programs for quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Ability to work across multiple geographies and time zones to provide answers/requests from either CM or Orbcomm teams.
- Must be fluent in English for business operation discussions.
Education And Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in a Program/Project Management role within an OEM outsourcing to a CM or in electronics contract manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of complex manufacturing systems, assembly and test processes, schedules and scheduling requirements, and program management techniques and tools.
- Excellent supplier negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with critical path and dependency charts and flow charting.
- Excellent database management, computer, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and guidance to others.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in engineering, business administration, or a related discipline is preferred.
Proven successful track record in the following areas:
- Business Acumen – the ability to understand and analyze business issues and trends associated with manufacturing electronic and PCB assemblies, along with their industry and customer implications.
- Technological Proficiency – the ability to understand and apply manufacturing technologies and solutions
- Manufacturing Processes – high level of knowledge in the areas of SMT, Test, and Backend assembly processes
- Analytics – ability to review processes, identify bottlenecks and present your findings to drive change
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
If you can see yourself working in our team and adding value to our products, please send your resume, and motivation letter to:
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.