Join Our Team
Based in Hoensbroek, Netherlands (NL; Limburg)
Software Engineering within ORBCOMM is more than just programming. Your software is part of a complete platform. You will be working together with the Hardware, Firmware and the Support team to find solutions and optimize the software, next to updating you also get to provide your input to optimize and enhance current software.
We stimulate and provide room for personal initiative, creativity and an occasional healthy debate within the different teams which create innovative solutions. Your work has a direct influence on our products and our platform as a whole.
In this role, you are accountable to the Manager Software Engineering.
The key tasks & responsibilities for this position are to:
- Create and implement feasibilities on requested new features or enhancements from the field/internal departments according to SCRUM processes
- Analyze and solve reported issues in all layers of the codebase
- Create and maintain unit- and GUI-testcases to prove that code changes are correctly implemented
- Review implementations made by peers and provide constructive feedback
- Ensure implementation choices fit the architecture of the existing codebase
- Maintain and expand the continuous delivery processes
- Communicate with QA about discovered issues
- Comply with the companies GAMP5 quality system (code convention, ticketing, etc.)
- Create a customer and installation friendly design
- A bachelor or master degree (technical) Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 2 to 5 years relevant work experience in object oriented programming
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft products and technologies as; Visual Studio (2019/2022), C#, .NET 4.7.2 (or more recent), SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience with Web and cloud technologies such as Typescript, REST API’s, Docker, AWS, HTML, CSS is a pré
- Experience in working with SCRUM concepts, version control (GIT) and Jenkins (CI/CD) is a pré
- Excellent language skills, both written and verbally in Dutch and English
- Strong analytical skills
- A thorough and accurate way of working
- Able to work well both independently and in a team
What we offer:
We offer a challenging full time and diverse job in an international organization with a pleasant and informal working atmosphere. We also provide you with the opportunity to grow with the company and through your involvement you directly affect the expansion of our products and quality.
The employment package of primary and secondary benefits is in line with the current market. Our benefits include a commission plan, good pension plan, collective healthcare insurance, gym membership reimbursement, option for Hybrid working and good training & education possibilities.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you can see yourself working in our team and adding value to our products, please send your resume, and motivation letter to:
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. ORBCOMM is committed to employment equity as we support a diverse workforce. Your privacy is important to us when applying to positions at ORBCOMM. We will take the steps necessary to ensure your candidacy is kept confidential.