Join Our Team
Based in Hoensbroek
The engineering team based in Galway is responsible for the development of the game-changing fleet management solution which consists of a suite of android applications used by drivers and a web application to allow users to efficiently track and manage their fleet.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to the join the software product development team here in Galway. You should be a quick learner who really enjoys problem solving and writing high quality code. You should have strong ownership skills and be keen to use leading edge technologies and modern development practices.
- Design and develop high quality software to implement product features
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Work closely with developers, QA team, customer support and product management on delivering and supporting our service
What we need to see:
- A Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in software development using Java/C#/C++ (but recent graduates with excellent coding skills considered)
- Experience working in an agile environment with continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such as Git, Jenkins and Docker
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Android development experience
- Experience with Microservice architectures and Frameworks
- Message queue/broker experience
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services / Server less computing
- Experience with database optimization
- Good knowledge of design patterns, TDD
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. ORBCOMM is committed to employment equity as we support a diverse workforce. Your privacy is important to us when applying to positions at ORBCOMM. We will take the steps necessary to ensure your candidacy is kept confidential.