Join Our Team
Sales Representative (European CAPS market)
- Full Time
- Market Related. Company benefits will be discussed with candidates on the shortlist
Based in Europe (NL/FR/ES);
ORBCOMM is looking for a vibrant and self-motivated Sales Representatives who is extremely organized and is able to handle all Sales & Marketing functions for the Container and Port Solutions (CAPS) team in the EMEA region. The CAPS team provides solutions to the global shipping industry for refrigerated containers, dry containers, and vessels as well as other related assets. The applicant must have a creative mind and good communication skills. This incumbent will be reporting to the Vice President and GM CAPS.
The key tasks & responsibilities for this position are to:
- Establish effective customer relationships with existing customers to understand the customer needs, to provide support and to keep them informed of new developments and progress.
- Identify new prospects that meet the qualifying criteria, with the objective of supplying the company’s services to them, to generate growth with focus on high return and profitable opportunities.
- Market and promote products in order to increase brand awareness.
- Keep SFDC updated with accurate records of leads, prospects, sales contracts.
- Lead and manage the sales process diligently, from completing the contract, assisting the Solution Delivery team with their task and engage with the Finance Team to ensure billing is done correctly.
- Prepare customer proposals, presentations, quotations and reports.
- Conduct exhibitions and customer specific training if required.
- Report on competitor activities and the competitive landscape.
- Produce daily reporting of new opportunities to ensure correct forecasting is maintained.
- Compile monthly sales review and forecasts against agreed targets.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Build effective relationships and collaborate with managers, peers, and colleagues.
Key must have job requirements for this position:
- Experience within the global shipping industry and/or IoT solution sales.
- A minimum of 5 years face to face sales and account management experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with own reliable transport, customer visits require extensive travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English to communicate effectively with customers.
- Must be willing to travel internationally within EMEA on an ongoing basis.
- Computer Literacy, intermediate to advanced in terms of MS Teams, MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and SFDC.
- Geographical knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, carry out assignments, meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
What we offer:
We offer a challenging full time and diverse job in an international organization with a pleasant and informal working atmosphere. We also provide you with the opportunity to grow with the company and through your involvement you directly affect the expansion of our products and quality.
The employment package of primary and secondary benefits is in line with the current market.
Our benefits include a commission plan, good pension plan, collective healthcare insurance, gym membership reimbursement and good training & education possibilities.
Benefit details can differ between countries.
Citizenship status in the work country or a permanent residence status is required.
If you can see yourself working in our team and adding value to our products, please send your resume, and motivation letter to:
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. ORBCOMM is committed to employment equity as we support a diverse workforce. Your privacy is important to us when applying to positions at ORBCOMM. We will take the steps necessary to ensure your candidacy is kept confidential.